Maryland’s Invisalign Specialists
Your smile is one of the first things people will notice when they meet you. A nice smile makes you look more approachable, happier, and generally friendlier, which is beneficial both socially and at work. With Invisalign’s teeth straightening system, you can have the smile of your dreams in a shorter amount of time. Some tough cases will require traditional braces or even surgery. But Invisalign is able to treat the most common cases.
Common Cases for Invisalign Treatment Use
- Underbite: When your lower front teeth are in front of your upper front teeth, you have an underbite. Those with underbites often have trouble chewing effectively or speaking clearly. Invisalign can fix most underbites, but severe cases may require traditional braces or surgery.
- Crowded teeth: If your teeth are bunched up, overlapping, or being pushed forward or backward, it may be due to overcrowding. Harmful bacteria builds up more quickly in a crowded mouth because brushing and flossing is more difficult. Invisalign is perfect for these situations.
- Overbite: While most people’s top front teeth slightly overlap their lower front teeth, some of our overbites are too large. This can cause pain or wearing.
- Crossbite: When some of your upper teeth are inside of your lower teeth, you have what’s called a crossbite. A crossbite can wear your teeth down, cause chipping, or lead to gum problems over time. Invisalign can fix most types of crossbite.
- Gap teeth: Gap teeth occur when you have a large space between two or more of your teeth, which can lead to gum pain or disease over time. Invisalign aligners are perfect for fixing gap teeth.
- Open bite: If your upper and lower teeth don’t touch when your mouth is closed, you have an open bite. This can make it difficult to chew, bite, or speak clearly, but is fixable with Invisalign aligners.
- Generally crooked teeth: Don’t worry—if you simply want a straighter smile (but don’t have one of the diagnosable cases listed above), Invisalign will work for you, too.
How Invisalign Can Change Your Smile
With Invisalign aligners, your best smile is right around the corner. Your first step is to visit Dr. Batz & Weiner Family Dentistry to make a treatment plan. They will perform a smile scan, which analyzes the current position of your teeth and bite. Next, your dentist will create a digital plan for shaping your new smile. The final step is to preview what your new smile will look like after the Invisalign system is complete.
Once your plan is created, and you’ve seen your new smile preview, your custom aligners are made. You’ll visit your dentist at regular intervals to check your progress and move on to the next set of aligners. Each new aligner is one step closer to your perfect smile!