Family Dentist- Laurel
8363 Cherry Lane
Laurel, MD 20707
Search through our library of dental topics, including articles, fun facts, celebrity interviews and more.
The Formation of Plaque
It is important to build a good info of the information of plaque, and modern research shows that that teeth decay has a close relation with teeth plaque.
Plaque formation is more complex, the theory has now recognized the following three stages:
(A) acquired film formation stages: in the saliva of oral glycoprotein is a substance in the saliva of each person’s saliva contains such substances. When it is in contact with the teeth can be attached to the enamel surface the dental instruments, forming a membrane-like material, this film is called to obtain membrane. Initial adhesion of oral bacteria which provides the substrate for the formation of dental plaque to create the conditions. Data shows that the formation of gingival sulcus is the first to get the teeth part of the membrane.
(2) phase of bacterial adhesion: Most researchers believe that bacteria attached to the membrane acquired importance. Observed that, when the tooth surface acquired pellicle formation, bacterial adhesion up there soon, indicating that attachment very fast. A large number of research data confirmed that the first bacteria attached to the tooth surface for the blood group streptococci and Streptococcus salivarius. Bacteria acquired membrane surface growth, and Nengchan acid deposition to glycoproteins and dental scalers. Blood group and Streptococcus mutans glucan can be synthesized with the deposition of plaque composition with a glycoprotein substrate, in order to create a foundation for the formation of plaque.
(3) plaque maturity: bacterial membrane in acquired growth and development, reproduction and decay, and in which complex metabolism. According to the data analysis, that the proportion of mature bacterial plaque is: 27% of anaerobic streptococci, and 23% of the class of diphtheria bacilli, anaerobic type diphtheria bacilli 18% and 13% of Streptococcus peptone, Wei Yongshi strains of 6%, 4% of Bacteroides, Clostridium bacteria 4%, 3% of Neisseria, Vibrio 2%. Mature dental plaque as the cariogenic bacteria Streptococcus mutans, actinomycosis, blood type Streptococcus and Lactobacillus.
To prevent the plaque, a good oral health and life style is very important here, also you could get some useful advice from your dentist.
Generally, our blood will have some bacteria that directly come from oral cavity, nasopharynx area or other parts, which will be eliminated at any time.
Defense capability in the lower body, all kinds of bacteria from the inflammation of the pharynx isthmus invasion of blood or oral site of infection, “settled” in the damage or abnormal heart valves, the endocardium caused by inflammation, which is called endocarditis as the “infective endocarditis.”
Known as infective endocarditis is caused by dental instrumentsbacteria, fungi, viruses caused by direct infection of the endocardium. The disease is divided into acute and subacute types, and to sub-acute form is more common. Acute infective endocarditis clinical manifestations of rapid onset, severe illness, a sudden high fever, chills and anemia, muscle and joint pain, weakness, sweating, and other systemic manifestations of sepsis, the short term there will be the heart of the high tone systolic murmur, and shortness of breath, other symptoms can not be supine.
Subacute infective endocarditis is slow onset, sustained in a week or more irregular fever, body temperature and more between the 37 ~ 39 , general malaise, fatigue, weight loss, loss of appetite, progressive dental loupesanemia, night sweats, shortness of breath, splenomegaly and so on. The nature of the original heart murmur and loudness changes or new heart murmur, petechiae prevalent in the skin and mucous membranes with eyelid, oral mucosa, skin, hand, foot or lower limb such as the dorsal skin. This is due to the infection of toxin in the blood vessels, increasing its fragility, caused by bleeding or due to embolism.
Once diagnosed as infective endocarditis, should immediately take the following measures:
1, in time, infection control, rational use of bactericidal antibiotics, usually penicillin as the drug of choice. If those who are allergic to penicillin, erythromycin or vancomycin could be replaced by intravenous drip.
2, pay attention to oral care, often to maintain oral dental x rayhygiene, use of 3% boric acid rinse mouth with water.
3, to keep warm and keep the skin dry and clean.
4, for those who have gingivitis or tooth abscess, incision and drainage should or local cleaning, and to strengthen the use of antibiotics.
Have you heard of the connection of bad mood and bad breath. We known some mail resons for bad breath, and you may not heard of the news that bad mood could lead to bad breath directly. From this article, you will get a more clear idea of that.
Arouse the reason a lot of bad breath, but will also lead to bad breath, bad mood, this element is often neglected by everyone.
There is a clinic in mind common sight, many a troubled dental air polishermind to diagnosis and treatment of newly diagnosed patients, the patients thought doctors can find a special kind of bad breath. After a period of treatment, the patient’s mind when the problem has improved, improved mood, bad breath, also will be clearly reduced or disappeared.
Bad breath and mood on the relationship between the motherland and medicine has long been portrayed. If the Qing, “miscellaneous diseases Origin quiet candle,” said: “virtual fire hot Yu, Yun-between in the thoracic stomach is bad breath, or Auntie Wei Hou person has bad breath, bad breath or lung as Huozhuo.” Which refers to the “Depression” and “Auntie” all refer to the human form of the negative feelings of `network collected more medical education.
Modern medicine has also been classified as ultrasonic scalerbad breath in the range of psychosomatic illness, that the elements of mind, especially the poor state of mind can lead to bad breath.
Attention to prevention and treatment of bad breath after meals and at bedtime in addition to brushing, mouthwash, adhere to oral hygiene, refreshing with a fragrant agent, the basic approach is to remove the cause. We do not just treat the organic diseases, but also pay attention to heal mind hamper efforts to improve the mood, the mental dental instrumentsadjustment to a good shape.
There are various procedures of tooth extractions depending upon the case to case. The dentist decides the best way after clinical examination and taking x-ray to see the position and condition of the tooth to be extracted and accordingly decides whether the tooth can be extracted simply or some surgical procedure for tooth extraction has to be adopted.
In simple tooth extraction cases, after giving the local anesthesia, the tooth is extracted / pulled out with the dental forceps. No afterward complications are expected if patient follows the post tooth extraction instructions given by the dentist.
Unfortunately all the teeth cannot be pulled out easily. In some cases the tooth is damaged to that extent that nothing is visible above the gum line or in some cases due to infection or root canal treatment the tooth becomes so brittle that the crown breaks as soon as it is held by the forceps leaving behind the root part. In such cases surgical extraction has to be done. In this type the incision is given in the gums and the flap is raised to expose the embedded part of the root of the tooth which is then removed. But sometimes bone has to be cut to fully remove the roots of the tooth.
Impacted Teeth Extractions
Impacted teeth are those teeth which are embedded and do not erupt in the oral cavity. These teeth create lot of problems and have to be extracted. Most commonly seen impacted teeth are the third molars (wisdom teeth). The impaction can be soft tissue impaction or the bony impaction. If it is soft tissue impaction then the incision has to be given in the soft tissue above the tooth and then like simple extraction it can be pulled out by using the forceps. But if it is bony impaction then the bone has to be cut and sometimes the tooth is also sectioned. The impaction can be vertical, horizontal or angular depending about the angle of the tooth.
So everyone wants straight teeth. Who doesn't? But most people - and I don't blame them - don't want to spend 2-3 years in full metal braces as an adult! So what options are there to straighten your teeth? Let's go over them:
1. Veneers - If you absolutely want the fastest way to straight teeth, then veneers are your answer. Yet, there are two important downsides to consider. The first downside is that you are shaving down possibly perfectly healthy teeth, which can increase risk of root canals and also nothing is stronger than perfectly healthy teeth. The second is that any dental work doesn't last forever so your veneers will need to be replaced down the line.
2. Comprehensive Orthodontics - You would typically visit an orthodontist where you spend 2-3 years in metal braces to move your teeth as close to the ideal position. In orthodontics, there is a position of how teeth fit together that is considered "ideal." If you are considering braces for your kids, this is the way to go. In adults, this is also a great option if your goal is to get your teeth straight and as "perfect" as possible. The obvious negative is the length of treatment.
3. 6 Month Smiles Braces - With adults, often times they want straight teeth and see value in braces versus veneers, but don't want to spend 2-3 years as a metal-mouth. This is where limited orthodontics steps in. The standard philosophy amongst most dentists with adults is to treat them realistically and kids idealistically. Kids that want braces, go to the orthodontist to have comprehensive braces done. Adults, we can straighten your teeth in typically 6 months! How is that possible? In comprehensive orthodontics, teeth are moved into "ideal" positions; this means moving large multi-rooted molars through the jaw. The benefit of 6 Month Smiles braces is that if your bite is alright, and you don't have jaw pain, problems chewing, and so on, your dentist will not focus on movement of your back teeth. All he/she will focus on is the movement of your front teeth into a straighter position. It gives you the look you want in a MUCH shorter time!
At the end of the day, choosing the best way to straighten your teeth can depend on your unique dental scenario. Finding a dentist that offers all three of the above is the best step in the right direction.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.